UConn lands a 2022 commit at the buzzer, as former Denver commit Yarin Hasson (Israel/Maccabi Rishon LeZion) takes his talents to Storrs, Conn. instead.
Xavier also nabbed its second four-star 2023 commit this month, with Reid Ducharme (Boston, Mass./Brewster Academy) opting to join the Musketeers. He joins Trey Green, who committed on Aug. 6.
It’s still early, but UConn, Marquette and Xavier are the only Big East schools with multiple 2023 commits so far.
Here’s the rest of the action from this past week:
Big East commitments:
- Four-star 2023 forward Reid Ducharme (Boston, Mass./Brewster Academy) committed to Xavier. Also had Big East offers from Creighton, DePaul and Providence.
- 2022 forward Yarin Hasson (Israel/Maccabi Rishon LeZion) committed to UConn, after decommitting from Denver.
Non-Big East commitments:
- Four-star 2023 guard DeShawn Harris-Smith (Chantlily, Va./Paul VI Catholic) commits to Maryland over Villanova and three others.
- Three-star 2023 forward Horace Simmons (Wyndmoor, Pa./La Salle College HS) committed to Drexel, also had a Marquette offer.
- Three-star 2023 forward Shawn Simmons (Philadelphia, Pa./Hillcrest Prep) commits to St. Joseph’s. Simmons had offers from Butler, DePaul, Georgetown, Seton Hall and Xavier.
- Five-star 2024 forward Jason Asemota (Lynn, Mass./Hillcrest Prep) leaves Seton Hall off of his final eight list.
- Five-star 2023 forward Baye Fall (Senegal/Lutheran) includes Seton Hall in his final seven list, but Georgetown did not make it.
- Four-star 2023 forward Devin Williams (Corona, Calif./Centennial) trimmed his list to two and eventually committed to UCLA, had a Xavier offer.
- Three-star 2023 forward Onyekachi (Kachi) Nzeh (Upper Darby, Pa./George School) has Xavier in his final four list, but not Creighton, St. John’s or Seton Hall.
- Four-star 2023 forward Brandon Williams (New York, N.Y./Christ the King) has St. John’s in his final two. Creighton and Xavier didn’t make it.
- Four-star 2024 forward Isaiah Abraham (Warrenton, Va./Paul VI Catholic) received an offer from Seton Hall.
- 2024 forward Tyler Betsey (Windsor, Conn./St. Thomas More) received offers from Seton Hall, Xavier and UConn.
- 2024 guard Landren Blocker (Little Rock, Ark./Little Rock Christian) received an offer from St. John’s.
- 2025 guard Danny Carbuccia (New York, NY/Archbishop Stepinac) received an offer from Seton Hall. Carbuccia was previously offered back on Dec. 20, 2021, when Kevin Willard was the head coach, but now, Shaheen Holloway re-upped on the offer.
- 2025 guard R.J. Greer (Springboro, Ohio/Springboro) received an offer from Xavier.
- If you notice an error, have news of a new offer, please feel free to tip me off—or Big East Coast Bias—on Twitter: @becb_sbn and @erapay5. I’ll update accordingly.
- Shoutout to Anonymous Eagle, Casual Hoya, Banners on the Parkway, Rumble in the Garden, The UConn Blog, and VU Hoops. We unfortunately don’t have articles on all recruits, but we got some help in filling some blanks from our fellow Big East SB Nation sites. Some recruits have clickable names, which will take you to a relevant article regarding that player.
- I recommend viewing the spreadsheet externally, since you’ll be able to use things like filters (Google Sheets has that option on the top-left, next to the print button.) and Ctrl+F (Apple+F if you’re on Mac) to help make searching for recruits easier. You’ll also have a bigger screen/window to look at the spreadsheet: Big East Offer Tracker, last updated August 29, 2022. Alternatively, you may view below.