The transfer portal is buzzing, with plenty of action over the past week regarding players departing and several others arriving to the Big East.
Aside from that, there were some final decisions, a de-commitment, and, with the first live evaluation period of the offseason, a few late-Sunday night offers being sent out. Expect more new offers this week, but here’s a look back at all of the action over the last week on the recruiting trail.
- Akron forward Ali Ali is transferring to Butler. He averaged 13.9 points, 2.9 rebounds, 2.6 assists, shot 46.0% overall and 40.7% from beyond the arc. Ali has two years of eligibility remaining.
- Junior college transfer Da’Sean Nelson has chosen DePaul. He averaged 13.8 points and 6.6 rebounds per game at Kilgore. Nelson has three years of eligibility remaining.
- Providence sophomore Matteus Case has entered the transfer portal.
- Georgetown sophomore Kobe Clark has entered the transfer portal.
- Xavier senior Spencer Cody has entered the transfer portal.
- Butler forward Bryce Golden has found a destination: Loyola-Chicago.
- Creighton freshman Modestas Kancleris has entered the transfer portal.
- Butler freshman Simas Lukosius has entered the transfer portal.
- DePaul guard Courvoisier McCauley has found a destination to spend his graduate transfer year: Indiana State.
- Shortly after announcing his intent to transfer, Xavier sophomore Dwon Odom found his destination: Georgia State.
- Three-star 2022 center Christ Essandoko (France/Winston Salem Christian) has de-committed from Providence. He originally held 20-plus offers, including some from other Big East schools like Georgetown, DePaul and Seton Hall.
Non-Big East commitments:
- Three-star 2022 guard Avery Brown (Beacon Falls, Conn./Northfield Mount Hermon) committed to Columbia. Brown was also offered by St. John’s.
- 2022 guard Isaiah Foster (Brownsville, Texas/Memorial) chose Quincy, a Division II school. Foster had offers from DePaul and two other Division I schools.
- Three-star 2022 guard Elijah Perkins (Middletown, N.J./Ranney School) committed to Austin Peay. Had an offer from Georgetown.
- 2022 forward Danny Wolf (Chicago, Ill./Northfield Mount Hermon) committed to Yale. Had an offer from DePaul.
- Four-star 2023 guard Aaron Clark (Easton, Pa./Brewster Academy) received an offer from Georgetown.
- Three-star 2023 guard Kaden Cooper (Ada, Okla./The Skill Factory Prep) received an offer from Creighton.
- Three-star 2023 forward Amani Hansberry (Washington, D.C./Mount Saint Joseph) received an offer from Villanova.
- Four-star 2023 forward Zayden High (Spring Branch, Texas/Smithson Valley) received an offer from Creighton.
- If you notice an error, have news of a new offer, please feel free to tip me off—or Big East Coast Bias—on Twitter: @becb_sbn and @erapay5. I’ll update accordingly.
- Shoutout to Anonymous Eagle, Casual Hoya, Banners on the Parkway, Rumble in the Garden, The UConn Blog, and VU Hoops. We unfortunately don’t have articles on all recruits, but we got some help in filling some blanks from our fellow Big East SB Nation sites. Some recruits have clickable names, which will take you to a relevant article regarding that player.
- I recommend viewing the spreadsheet externally, since you’ll be able to use things like filters (Google Sheets has that option on the top-left, next to the print button.) and Ctrl+F (Apple+F if you’re on Mac) to help make searching for recruits easier. You’ll also have a bigger screen/window to look at the spreadsheet: Big East Offer Tracker, last updated April 11, 2022. Alternatively, you may view below.