Today is the final day of the regular season for the teams of the Big East and in such fashion Butler plays host to Marquette to close out another riveting season in the Big East. Here is what took place during the first half.
- So far for the Golden Eagles, Henry Ellenson has been the leading scorer so far with 11 points on 2-of-5 shooting and 7-of-9 from the foul line.
- Along with Ellenson, Marquette has also seen significant production from JaJuan Johnson who has nine points so far on the day, on 4-of-6 shooting.
- As a team, the Golden Eagles so far today have shot the ball at a rate of 48 percent from the floor, 20 percent from 3-point range, and 76 percent from the foul line.
- Marquette so far only has nine rebounds on the day, being out matched on the boards by Butler
- They have turned over the ball nine times so far on the game.
- Austin Etherington and Roosevelt Jones have been on fire for the Bulldogs so far today. Etherington has 12 points on 3-of-4 shooting and 4-of-4 from the foul line. Jones has 11 points so far on 5-of-8 shooting and 1-of-5 from the foul line.
- Along with Etherington and Jones, Kellan Dunham and Andrew Chrabascz have also been active so far. Both have eight points each on the game.
- As a team, Butler have so far shot the ball at a rate of 61% from the floor, 50% from 3-point range, and 67% from the foul line.
- They have scored 14 points off of Marquette's nine turnovers and are winning on the boards with 14 rebounds to Marquette's nine on the game so far.