After 20 minutes at the BMO Harris Bradley Center, the Marquette Golden Eagles lead the Georgetown Hoyas 50-39.
Here's everything you need to know about the first half.
- Marcus Derrickson leads the Hoyas with 12 points.
- Jessie Govan picked up three first half fouls, adding to the freshman's already astronomical FC/40 of 7.00. FC/40 is fouls committed over 40 minutes of play, and 7.00 is the highest in the BIG EAST by a wide margin.
- Aside from Govan, the Hoyas have done a good job staying out of foul trouble, as the rest of the team has a combined three fouls.
- D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera has seven points, six rebounds, and four assists.
- Luke Fischer leads Marquette with 19 points. His season high is 21 and career high is 22.
- Henry Ellenson has six points and even rebounds.
- The Golden Eagles are taking exceptional care of the basketball, with only three turnovers.
- 34 of Marquette's 50 points came in the paint.