St. John's made their way down to our nation's capitol tonight, for a Monday night meeting with the Hoyas of Georgetown. Here is what occurred during the first half of play.
- So far on the night for the Johnnies, Felix Balamou and Christian Jones has been the leading scorer on the floor for St. John;s. Both have 6 points on the game, with Balamou shooting 3-of-5 and Jones shooting 2-of-2 from the floor and 2-of-4 from the foul line.
- The Red Storm have also been getting productive a productive night from Federico Mussini who so far has 5 points on 2-of-5 shooting.
- The Red Storm are losing the battle on the boards with only 13 rebounds on the game to Georgetown's 23 rebounds.
- As a team, the Red Storm so far have been shooting the ball, 46.7% from the floor, 20.0% from 3-point range, and 40.0% from the the foul line.
- With his first points tonight, D'Vuantes Smith-Rivera moved into sixth place on Georgetown's all time scorer's list. On the game Smith-Rivera is sitting on 10 points so far on 2-of-7 shooting from the floor and 4-of-5 from the foul line.
- The leading scorers for the Hoyas tonight, have been Isaac Copeland and L.J. Peak, both of whom are currently sitting on 14 points so far tonight. Peak currently shooting 6-of-8 and Copeland 5-of-6 and 2-of-3 from the foul line.
- As a team, the Hoyas so far tonight have shot the ball, 56.7% from the floor, 53.8% from 3-point range, and 58.3% from the foul line.
- As already mentioned the Hoyas are winning the battle on the boards with 23 rebounds so far on the night.