Its round two for Villanova and Providence, as the Wildcats and Friars square off on the floor of the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence. Here is what occurred in the first half.
- So far today Kris Jenkins and Ryan Arcidiacono have been the leading scorers for Villanova. Both players are currently at seven points on the game with Jenkins shooting 3-of-6 and Arcidiacono shooting 3-of-8.
- Darryl Reynolds has also been one of 'Nova's bright marks as well so far today. Reynolds has six points on 3-of-4 shooting.
- The Wildcats are outright winning the battle on the boards so far today with 27 rebounds to Providence's mere 15 rebounds.
- As a team, the Wildcats so far today have been shooting 41% from the floor, 23% from three point range, and 100% from the foul line.
- Kris Dunn and Jalen Lindsay have been leading the way so far for the Friars, as both players have six points. Dunn so far has been shooting 3-of-11 on the day, while Lindsay has shot 2-of-4 and 2-of-2 from the foul line, the only foul shots taken for Providence so far this game.
- Ben Bentil has played some brief minutes so far this game and does have two points on the day so far. He does have two fouls as well, so going forward he might be even more restricted.
- As a team the Friars, have shot 23% from the floor, 27% from three point range, and 100% from the foul line thanks to the foul shooting of Jalen Lindsay.