- Seton Hall is becoming appointment television. Kevin Willard's squad loves to get out and run and attack the glass with great ferocity. If Guards Isaiah Whitehead, Desi Rodriguez, and Khadeen Carrington get it going the Pirates could well be a second weekend team come March.
- Pirates' forward Angel Delgado came into today's game ready to eat. The sophomore from the Dominican Republic has 13 points on 6-of-8 shooting on the day.
- Much like Xavier did against Villanova on Wednesday, Seton Hall shot the absolute lights out in the first half. Delgado and co. shot 53% percent from the field before the break, going 16-of-30 and 12-of-16 from the free throw line.
- Searching for Sumner. Xavier stud freshman point guard Edmond Sumner has been near invisible in the first half. Chris Mack will look to light a fire under the behinds of Sumner and the rest of his team at half if they want to claw their way back into this game.
- The weather in Newark, New Jersey has been heating up as of late. Unfortunately for the Musketeers, their shooting has not. Xavier was absolutely ice cold in the first half, shooting just 10-of-37 for 27% from the field.
- Let down game? Xavier gave everything they had Wednesday in their victory over then top-ranked Villanova. Did the Musketeers over expend themselves physically as well as mentally? Thus far in today's game, the answer to that question appears to be yes.