DePaul is way ahead of the St. John's Red Storm, taking a 17-point lead with them into the break.
- Malik Ellison has been the Red Storm's top performer after the first half. The Voorhees, New Jersey native has five points, three rebounds and assists after logging 10 minutes of action. He's currently 1-for-3 from the field and 2-for-2 from the free throw line.
- Druand Johnson leads in points with six. Two other players - Kassoum Yakwe and Ron Mvouika, have scored at least four points.
- The Red Storm are most especially struggling from deep as they've shot 27.3 percent on 11 3-point field goal attempts. They're being outrebounded and beaten up in the paint as well as they trail DePaul 24-10 in that category.
- Terrific inside shooting is helping the Blue Demons to their big lead. While they're 2-for-8 from the 3-point line, DePaul is a crisp 17-for-21 from inside. That's a cool 80.9 percent for those of you keeping score at home.
- Freshman Eli Cain leads in points with 11 while Myke Henry follows with 10 of his own. Henry has four rebounds, an assist and is 5-for-5 from the field having logged 18 minutes in the first half.
- Billy Garrett is back in the lineup and contributing in a big way. The Chicagoan has nine points and six assists after half number one, and is 3-for-5 from the field too.