After 20 minutes at the Prudential Center, Seton Hall leads Providence by a score of 30-23
Both teams looked tentative in the first half, resulting in a very sloppy first half. Here's everything you need to know about the half:
- The Friars were 0/10 on 3 pointers in the half, many of which were wide open looks. Overall, Providence shot 28% from the floor in the first half.
- Ben Bentil leads the team with 8 points, but did so on 3/13 shooting, and making only 2 of his 5 free throw attempts.
- Providence has played well on the defensive side of the court, as they've recorded 4 steals and 1 block, while holding the Pirates to 27 points in the half. Kris Dunn has been his usual stellar self on defense, as he has 2 of the Friars 4 steals.
- Isaiah Whitehead continues to be on fire in Big East play. His 3-pointer with seconds left in the half gave him 16 so far, which leads the game.
- The Pirates have turned the ball over 11 times in the half, although it has not really burned them yet. They will need to cut down on these giveaways in the second half, as Providence can be lethal in transition.
- Seton Hall has 7 offensive rebounds in the half, lead by 3 from sophomore Michael Nzei.