Balanced scoring has helped Jay Wright's side build a healthy lead before the intermission. Here's what we know so far.
- Freshman Jalen Brunson is the real deal. The former five star recruit and son of a Temple grad has eight points at the half on 3/4 from the field.
- Ryan Arcidiacono is as cool as the other side of the pillow. Arch, as he's affectionately called by the 'Nova fan base, always seems to make the heady play, whether it be getting to the bucket or finding the open man. The senior has been a constant presence for the Wildcats in the first half.
- 'Nova continues to defend the 3-point line as well as any team in the country. TU is shooting just 1/9 from deep thus far and has struggled to get good looks from beyond the arc.
- Paging Quenton DeCosey. The Owls leading scorer has been kept silent for much of the game thus far. The senior guard had just two points on four field goal attempts in the first half.
- Bond. Jaylen Bond. The senior forward needs to give TU more in the second half. At 6'8, 240, Bond is Temple's largest front court player and best rebounder. Thus far, Bond has just two points and one board. That has to improve in the second half if the Owls are going to pull the upset.
- What can Brown do for you? Temple junior Josh Brown is keeping his team afloat right now. Brown, who had 10 in the first half, averages just a shade over eight points per contest. His big time performance is a large reason why TU is still withing shouting distance at the half.