Here's everything you need to know about the first half.
- It wasn't a pretty half for the Hoyas. With the news breaking before the game that Bradley Hayes would be out indefinitely with a broken hand, Georgetown needed Jessie Govan to step up. He was called for two fouls in the first 2:29 of the game. Then Trey Mourning came in, and picked up two quick fouls, as well.
- To make things worse, the Hoyas had a seven-minute spurt in the half where they didn't score.
- Georgetown committed eight turnovers to Providence's one.
- If you saw that Providence had 49 points in a half, you'd assume either Kris Dunn or Ben Bentil single-handedly accounted for at least half of them. Not so. Instead it was Rodney Bullock carrying the load for the Friars. Bullock had 18 points in the first half, including three three's.
- Not to say Dunn and Bentil didn't both have strong halves as well. Bentil had seven points and six rebounds while Dunn had eight points, three rebounds, and two assists, while looking comfortable on the court for the first time in a few games.
- Ryan Fazekas got his first start since coming down with mono in December. He took Kyron Cartwright's spot. Fazekas had eight points.