- It took Kris Dunn nine minutes to make first basket, but his eight points and four assists in the first half invigorated Providence's offense.
- Ben Bentil dominated early with 18 points on 6-11 shooting. While mainly guarded by Henry Ellenson or Luke Fischer, the sophomore from Wilmington, Delaware, needs to be a larger factor on the boards for the Friars to win on the road.
- Providence flourished from the field so far with 13-28 shooting. They also shot 4-8 from beyond the 3-point arc.
- With a multitude of NBA scouts in attendance, Henry Ellenson seemed unstoppable in the first half with nine points and eight rebounds.
- The Golden Eagles has struggled to hold onto the ball so far with seven turnovers compared to six assists. Against a Providence team that thrives on turnovers, Marquette needs to do a better job holding onto the ball.
- Marquette has struggled from the floor with a 40.0% shooting percentage. Their 54.5% free-throw percentage is not doing them any favors, either.