After an exciting 20 minutes in Newark, Butler and Seton Hall are dead even with 38 points each.
Here's everything you need to know about the first half.
- Kelan Martin leads the Bulldogs with 12 points, contributing 3 rebounds as well.
- Butler had 8 offensive rebounds in the half, leading to 11 second chance points. They also hold a 20-12 margin over Seton Hall in points scored in the paint.
- Defensively, Butler has stayed in the zone for most of the half. While they limited the damage inside, the may have to switch to man to man defense if Seton Hall's hot shooting continues.
- It continues to be the Isaiah Whitehead show for the Pirates. The sophomore guard has 23 points on 9/9 shooting, including 7/7 from 3 point range.
- Desi Rodriguez contributed with 7 points and 3 rebounds, including two from the offensive glass.
- Aside from Whitehead, Seton Hall shot only 6/20 from the field and was 0/4 from downtown. The Pirates will need their secondary players to step up in the second half in case their star comes back down to earth a bit.