How to Watch
When/Where: 6:30 PM; Verizon Center, D.C.
TV/Streaming: FS1/FOX Sports Go
Radio: 106.7 The Fan
Bets are On
Georgetown favored by -5, according to OddsShark.
- This is the 65th meeting between the two DMV area programs, with Maryland statistically securing the W, 37-27.
- Last season, the schools played against each other for the first time since the 70s. Maryland won the game 75-71 in a dramatic brawl until the finish. Undoubtedly, both teams will be looking to repeat the thrill and intensity of last season’s match-up.
- Viewers can expect a big battle in the Capitol Beltway. Unranked by the AP Top 25 poll for the first time in 2 years, paired with a too-close-for-comfort win over American, Maryland will be on the prowl to bolster it’s spirits against a school it has traditionally been victorious against.
- Conversely, Georgetown is sculpting itself for a prime season and will be looking to lay swift revenge for last season’s nail-biting loss. Reveling over their dominating 105-60 win over South Carolina Upstate, Georgetown seems to be deftly riding the wave of momentum.
- Look for high-octane defense by the Hoyas clashing against an emphasis on fluid offensive drives by the Terps. Georgetown may have the physical upper-hand for this game, but Maryland will aim to exploit their full court with cohesive handling.