- Isaiah Whitehead has had a frustrating first half. He has eight points and made a nifty step-back jumper in Maurice Watson's eye, but he also has three fouls and has taken a few less than ideal shots.
- Angel Delgado (8 points), Derrick Gordon (6 points) and Desi Rodriguez (6 points) have been the best offensive threats outside of Whitehead.
- The Pirates hold a slight edge on the boards (21-19).
- The Bluejays closed the second half on a 24-11 run, including a 14-2 burst, to make up for a bit of offensive trouble to get things started.
- After going 1-for-7 on 3-point shots early, the Big East's best 3-point shooting team made its last four to finish the half 5-of-11. Seton Hall is just 1-for-5 from 3-point range.
- Watson has been incredible, handing out eight assists to go with a team-high seven points.