St. John's and Villanova meet for the first time this season, as the two sides square off on the floor of Madison Square Garden. Here is what went down during the first half of today's contest.
- The leading scorers for the Wildcats have been Kris Jenkins, Phil Booth, and Mikal Bridges. All three players have six points each. Jalen Brunson has had a fairly decent game so far with 5 points on the day.
- So far today, Villanova has had trouble finding offensive consistency. As a team they have shot the ball 22.6 percent from the field, 18.2 percent from 3-point range, and 80 percnet from the foul line.
- They are outright winning the battle on the boards against St. John's with 30 total rebounds to St. John's' mere 19.
- Villanova has turned over the ball 11 times so far this game, only one more than St. John's has turned over the ball.
- Durand Johnson and Ron Mvouika so far have been the hot hands for the Red Storm. Johnson so far today has eight points on the game, while Mvouika has six points among which includes a 3-pointer in the dying minutes of the first half to bring St. John's within one of the lead.
- Much in the same vain as Villanova, St. John's has been rather streaky on the offensive side of the ball today. As a team, the Johnnies have shot 30.3 percent from the field, 38.5 percent from 3-point range, and 50 percent from the foul line.
- As already mentioned, St. John's has turned over the ball 10 times so far today, and are losing on the boards so far.