- Ben Bentil is a bad, bad man. The forward, who leads the Big East in scoring, is filling it up again tonight with an efficient 14 in the first half. Whether it's off of post ups or pick-and-roll, the sophomore is having his way with the Hoyas frontcourt.
- Kris Dunn, also bad (but in the good way!). The future top-10 pick continues to call the shots for the Friars on offense. His 15 points and two assists paced Ed Cooley's team in the first half, and had this big-time alley oop to boot. AND, also, got to the 1,000 point mark.
- Much like one of my favorite nineties bands, the Friars' shooting in the first half was hot hot heat. Cooley's men shot 50% from the field while going 3-of-5 from deep.
- After a solid start, the Hoyas struggled a bit to keep pace with the Friars toward the end of the half. They'll have to limit turnovers in the second half if they want to get back in it.
- DSR, where art thou? D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera is the Hoyas leading scorer on the year and the third leading scorer in the conference. In the first half he had just four points on 2-of-5 shooting. John Thompson will likely ask his star man to be more aggressive in the second half as the Hoyas look to cut into Providence's lead
- JT3 will not be happy with the way his team shot from deep in the first half. The Hoyas shot just 18 percent on 11 attempts before the break. G'Town shoots just under 36 percent on the year from deep, they'll need to get somewhere close to that number by the end of the game to game up with the high-flying Friars.