For the final time this regular season, DePaul and Xavier square off. Here is what went down during the first half of today's game.
- So far today, J.P. Macura has been the leading scorer for the Musketeers tallying up 10 points on 3-of-5 shooting from the field and a perfect 3-of-3 from the foul line. Macura's efforts have also been followed up with solid production across the board in the final stretches of the first from the likes of Jalen Reynolds and James Farr, who each have six points..
- After trailing for most of the first half, Xavier went on a 17-1 run in the final three minutes to take hold of the game.
- The bench has been a well of points so far today, as 21 of Xavier's 42 points have come from the pine.
- As a team, the Musketeers have shot 39% from the field, 23% from three point range, and 93% from the foul line.
- They are currently winning the battle of the boards against DePaul with 23 total rebounds compared to just 12 for the Blue Demons.
- DePaul opened up today's contest with a 9-0 run.
- Tommy Hamilton has been the leading scorer for the Blue Demons, with 13 points on 5-of-10 shooting. Billy Garrett, Jr. has been DePaul's secondary scoring option as he currently has eight points.
- Fouls could be an issue for the Blue Demons going forward as Myke Henry had to sit early with two fouls, and Erten Gazi is currently at three fouls.
- As a team, DePaul has shot 52% from the field, 38% from three point range, and 50% from the foul line.
- Unlike Xavier's bench, DePaul's bench has only accounted for six points.