In a clash of top 10 teams, Xavier leads Providence 34-26 after 20 minutes.
Here's everything you need to know about the first half.
- James Farr leads leads the Musketeers with 11 points and 6 rebounds, highlighted by his first 3 point basket of the year.
- Remy Abbell has finally emerged with some much needed 3 point shooting, as his 6 points in the first half bests his total of 5 in his previous 4 games.
- The 1-3-1 zone has worked wonders for Xavier, as the #7 team in the country held Kris Dunn and Co. to 26 points in the first half on 31% shooting.
- Kris Dunn and Ben Bentil continue to provide most of the offense for the Friars, as the dynamic duo has combined for 19 of Providence's 26 points.
- The Friars struggled to find their shooting touch in the first half, going 1-11 from 3 point range.
- Providence found early success creating easy transition baskets with their strong defensive play. The Friars lead Xavier 10-2 in fast break points, an area they will need to continue to exploit if they are going to get back in this game.