- While Kellen Dunham hasn't been his best from behind the arc this season, he's been on point thus far tonight. The Bulldogs' senior has seven on 2/5 from deep in the first half.
- The Tyler Lewis amber alert for tonight has officially gone out. The Bulldogs guard has yet to score tonight and has attempted just two shots thus far. Butler will need more from him in the second half if they want to walk out with a win
- Roosevelt Jones continues to stuff the stat sheet. The senior had nine points, three assists, and two boards in the first half and is a big reason why the Bulldogs are still within shouting distance of the Friars despite going cold to finish the half.
- For all my comic book nerds out there, Kris Dunn is officially Heimdall. The Providence junior uses his elite athleticism to lock down opposing point guards and his incredible court vision is the key to the Friars' offense running on all cylinders.
Kyron Cartwright is absolutely going off for Ed Cooley's Friars. The sophomore spark plug out of Compton has 13 first half points on 5-6 shooting, already equaling a career high.
- The Friars need to push the pace. Providence has looked like the more athletic side all game, but Dunn and the gang have struggled a bit in half court sets. If they can get out and run in the second half look for the Cooley's men to really force Butler into some deep water.