After the first twenty minutes play on the floor of The Pavilion, Marquette leads Villanova by a score of 38 to 37. Here is what went down during the first half.
- The Golden Eagles started off slow, but got hot thanks in part to play of Henry Ellenson who leads Marquette so far with 10 points on 4-of-5 shooting and also been crashing the boards with a team leading six rebounds.
- Other than Ellenson, Haanif Cheatham has been the other hand that got hot over the first half. Cheatham has 8 points on the night on 3-of-8 shooting.
- As a team, the Golden Eagles so far have shot 61.5% from the field, 50.0% from three point range, and 66.7% from the foul line.
- Turnovers are something they'll need to keep an eye out for as they have eight so far on the night
- Kris Jenkins has been firing on all cylinders so far tonight with 13 points on 4-of-6 shooting so far for the Wildcats.
- Daniel Ochefu has the leading mark in rebounds with seven on the night for Villanova, but has been quiet on offense with zero points so far. He does however have two assists.
- As a team, 'Nova so far have shot 38.7% from the field, 43.8% from three point range, and 75.0% from the foul line.
- While they got off to a hot start, Villanova did cool off midway through opening the door for Marquette to surge forward over the course of the rest of the first half.