- NC State wanted to disrupt Villanova's offense early on, especially on the three point line. Sixth man Josh Hart found himself slightly limited in his abilities with two early fouls at the start of the game.
- Darrun Hilliard kept the pace for Villanova in this half as most of the Wildcats squad had difficulty finding the rim. Hilliard finished the half with 12 points on 4 for 8 shooting including 2 three pointers and is also 2 for 2 from the foul line.
- Both Josh Hart and Ryan Arcidiacono had difficultly putting up points in the first half. Hart finished the half with zero and Arcidiacono finished with two.
- NC State is winning the battle on the boards with 16 rebounds to Villanova's 12, this is also the result of State locking down on defense forcing Nova into tough spots. State also has three blocks this game as well, including on destroying block Beejay Anya at the end of the half.
- State has gotten balanced production from a slew of players this half. Three players are tied with 4 points, Abdul-Malik Abu has 6 points, and Trevor Lacey is leading the Pack with 8 points.
- Nova has kept the ball in safe keeping, only turning over the ball once this half compared to State's 4 turnovers.
- As a team Nova is shooting 29% from all areas of the floor, 33% from beyond the 3 point line, and 80% from the foul line.
- State is shooting 48% from all areas of the floor, 33% from beyond the 3 point line, and 100% from the foul line.
Enjoy the Second Half!