- Due to the suspension of Chris Obekpa, Steve Lavin's starting five are five guards, with forwards Amir Alibegovic and Christian Jones rotating in and out of the game for some forward depth for the Johnnies.
- Sir'Dominic Pointer has been the catalyst so far this game for the Johnnies on offense, going right at the Aztecs to get to the rim. So far this game Pointer is 6 for 8 from all areas of the floor and 1 for 1 from the foul line. He has 13 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals.
- Rysheed Jordan has been quiet so far for the Johnnies, as he is finding his abilities limited due to early foul trouble, they'll need Jordan come the second half, as Lavin knows how crucial Jordan is to generating ball movement on the transition.
- D'Angelo Harrison got off to a slow start, but at the half progress he slowly but surely got rolling finishing at the end of the first 4 for 9 shooting, good for 9 points.
- As a team St. John's is 2 for 9 from beyond the three point line good for 22%, they are shooting 15 for 30 from all areas of the floor good for 50% shooting, and 100% from one trip to the foul line.
- San Diego St. is shooting 47% from all areas of the floor, 44% from beyond the 3 point line, and 43% from the foul line.
- SDSU and St. John's are currently tied up on the battle of the boards with 17 rebounds a piece
- Steve Fisher's side has been hitting 3 pointers throughout the half at an efficient rate for most of the half. It caught Coach Fisher surprised given SDSU's offensive nature.
Enjoy the second half!