- Keep up the pressure defense until Xavier can prove they have a way to beat it. They are stifling the Muskies and it is quite impressive.
- Keep hitting the hot hand AKA Pointer, he is averaging 20+ points in his last handful of games and he already has 13 points in this contest
- Keep trying to block everything Xavier brings into the lane until they prove they can either draw fouls or they can make baskets through contact (refs letting the boys play)
- Work through Stainbrook! He is the only player making smart choices in a black uniform thus far.
- Keep moving the ball. The only way to beat St Johns' pressure is through association.
- Try to get someone going. The offensive prowess of Bluiett/M. Davis can go a long way.