- This one is what we would call, um, not close. It's been all offense, all game for the Bulldogs so far, shooting 58 percent from the field while dominating on both ends. A lot has been made of the team's faster pace this season, but this Butler team is looking especially energetic considering the fact that they just played two days ago. The defense has been strong, especially in protecting to the rim, and it's leading to a lot of points in the open floor as they storm back down on offense.
- Tyler Lewis, who's struggled to stay on the floor (he played just 18 minutes on Saturday against Indiana State), has had the green light all night for Butler, posting ten points and two assists while also leading the charge in transition. He's been hyper-aggressive, which is a good sign as he finds his footing in the lineup.
- Nine of the ten Bulldogs who played in the first half scored, led by Roosevelt Jones with 12 points. Jones has always been good at playing through contact on his way to the basket, and he's had a few acrobatic finishes tonight that rival his game-winner against Cincinnati last week.
- Kelan Martin's already well on his way to another big performance, with ten points of his own in the first half for his third straight double-digit performance.
- They haven't been facing much defensive pressure, but it's worth pointing out that the Bulldogs are shooting 58 percent from the field, 63 percent from three and 90 percent at the line. Which is crazy.
Points: Roosevelt Jones, 12
Assists: Jones, 3
Rebounds: Tyler Wideman, 6
Points: Julian Eleby, 12
Assists: QJ Peterson, 2
Rebounds: Trey Chapman, 3