Creighton traveled to Chicago to take on their Missouri Valley replacement Loyola-Chicago. It isn't going particularly well for the Bluejays as they trail 29-25. Here's some notes from the first half:
- Creighton's offense is playing very poorly.
- Loyola is putting a lot of defensive pressure on the Bluejays, clamping down with a zone defense and shutting down any threat Creighton offers to score.
- I think the Bluejays had 3 airballs in their first 6 shots. That's not ideal.
- Loyola's offense is pretty simple. Drive to the rim. If there's nothing there, kick out and shoot a three. If you can't shoot, get a guy cutting backdoor and hit him with a lob.
- Alright, so Creighton started coming back in the last 3 minutes. Previous to that it was DOOMSDAY central here.
- Khyri Thomas is really good.
- I still have no idea what the refs are calling fouls these days. Sometimes if an offensive player runs into a defensive player it becomes a defensive foul. Sometimes if an offensive player runs into a defensive player it becomes an offensive foul. It's a murky mess and they've gotta fix it.
Creighton's stat leaders:
Points: Huff - 11
Rebounds: Groselle - 6
Assists: Zierden - 2
Loyola stat leaders:
Points: Doyle - 10
Rebounds: Doyle - 6
Assists: Doyle - 3
Creighton might want to shut down Doyle. Just sayin'.