After a slow start, the DePaul Blue Demons have picked up the pace, taking a 49-38 lead on the Chicago State Cougars into the half. Here's what you need to know about the opening frame.
- DePaul had a rough start, scoring just 7 points in the first five minutes. They finished the half on a 42-22 run.
- Aaron Simpson earned his second start of the season, and has rewarded coach Leitao with a team-high 11 points on 4-of-6 shooting.
- The Blue Demons are really utilizing their size to their advantage, out-rebounding Chicago State 19-13 and drawing fouls more efficiently, going 15-of-20 at the charity stripe.
- Chicago State came out of the gates hot, opening up with a 16-7 lead.
- The Cougars are shooting 50% from the field, but just 54% from the free-throw line.
- Fred Sims Jr. leads the team with 11 points, but Jawad Adekoya has been their most dangerous weapon. He has 8 points but has only shot 3-of-7 from the line.