Following the first period of Big East play for both DePaul and Georgetown, the Hoyas lead the Blue Demons by 32-27.
Here's what happened in the first half.
- D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera is Georgetown's leading scorer with 12 points on 5-9 shooting. L.J Peak also tallied seven points off the bench.
- The Hoyas struggled from beyond the the three point line to begin the game, shooting 1-6 to begin the game. By the end of the half, they brought their total up to 41.7% from deep.
- For a team that thrives on outside shooting and open jumpers, Georgetown will need more than the eight assists they accumulated in the first half if they wish to win.
- Billy Garrett Jr. leads the Blue Demons in scoring at the break with 13 points on 57% shooting. The junior also has brought down three rebounds.
- DePaul had a subpar performance from the field with 37 % on 10-27 shooting. They have also only attempted five threes with only one success.
- With the same amount of turnovers compared to assists, Depaul struggled to hold onto the ball. The Blue Demons' seven turnovers were a large factor in their first half offensive woes.