Today's game is the final nonconference tuneup for Marquette as they play host to the Blue Hose of Presbyterian College. Here is what took place in the first half.
- Henry Ellenson and Haanif Cheatham so far today have been the Golden Eagles leading scorers, as each has 10 points on the game. Cheatham on 4-of-7 shooting and Ellenson on 5-of-12 shooting respectively.
- Luke Fischer has been fairly active as well with most of his points coming from trips to the foul line. So far today he has 7 points on the game on 1-of-6 shooting from the floor, but 5-of-7 from the foul line. Fischer also has a team leading 7 rebounds as well.
- As a team the Golden Eagles are shooting 34 percent from all areas of the floor, 27 percent from 3-point range, and 64 percent from the foul line thanks in part to the foul shooting of Luke Fischer.
- Despite Marquette being up in the game, perhaps one of the most notable story lines so far this game has been the missed opportunities on the offensive side of the ball by the Golden Eagles.
- DeSean Murray leads all scorers so far today with 14 points on the game for the Blue Hose on 5-of-10 shooting and 4-of-4 from the foul line. He has been Presbyterian's most valuable asset on the floor today providing the bulk of their offense.
- As a team the Blue Hose are shooting 31 percent from all areas of the floor, 27 percent from 3-point range, and a 100 percent from the foul line thanks in part to Murray who has been the only player for Presbyterian to go to the line so far today.
- Despite turning over the ball 13 times among which includes 6 steals by Marquette, the Blue Hose are still very much in this game thanks to Marquette's missed opportunities