At the end of the first half, Virginia leads Villanova 33-29. Here is what you need to know:
- Daniel Ochefu is the Wildcats' leading scorer with eight points. Anthony Gill leads Virginia with eight points on a 3-for-4 mark from the field.
- The Wildcats got off to a hot start from deep with 3-for-5 shooting in the first 10 minutes. They finished with 40 percent.
- Virginia dominated the boards so far. They brought down 13 rebounds compared to Villanova's six.
- Virginia has turned the ball over eight times this half. They average only nine this season. Villanova has also turned the ball over nine times.
- Virginia's leading scorer, Malcolm Brogdon, has been kept to only six points. Josh Hart has guarded him for the majority of the first half.
- Virginia went on an 11-0 at one point in the first half to stretch their lead to seven. Villanova has cut the deficit to four at the half.