After a slow start to the season, it appears Georgetown is back on their feet after sprinting out to a 38-20 lead against Maryland Eastern Shore.
Here's what you need to know from the first half.
- D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera has dominated the first half on the offensive end with 17 points on 5-of-7 shooting from long range.
- Dominique Elliot is not shying away from the bright lights in the Verizon Center so far with a total of seven points. The senior forward is the Hawks leading scorer in the first half and is their second leading scorer on the year.
- Georgetown has missed eight shots beyond the arc so far but is still shooting 48 percent from the field.
- Maryland Eastern Shore struggled offensively, shooting 33 percent and a total of 12 turnovers.
- Bradley Hayes has scored six early points and grabbed 4 rebounds for the Hoyas. He is Georgetown's leading rebounder and second highest scorer in the first half.
- The Hawks did not lead in the first half while Georgetown had a lead as large as 16.