Tonight is the latest rendition of the Holy War as Villanova made their way over to the Hagan Arena to face off against the Saint Joseph Hawks. Here is what happened during so far this game.
- Following an early foul on Daniel Ochefu, Jay Wright elected to go small on the court relying on shooting early on. Ochefu himself has two points on the night and has been fairly quiet on the boards.
- Kris Jenkins leads all 'Nova players so far tonight with 12 points on 5-of-10 shooting. He also has a game-high two steals tonight so far as well.
- Josh Hart and Ryan Arcidiacono both have been extremely active so far tonight, as Arcidiacono has seven points on the evening and Hart has eight points and a game leading 6 rebounds
- Mikal Bridges has been the best player off the bench tonight with six points.
- As a team 'Nova is shooting 48.5 percent from all areas of the floor, 42.1 percent from the 3-point line, and 100 percent from the foul line, though only Jalen Brunson has been the only one to go to the charity strike so far tonight for the Wildcats.
- DeAndre Bembry leads the Hawks so far with a team and game leading 13 points on a 6-for-9 mark from the field.
- Shavar Newkirk has been the Hawks' best secondary option tonight with 9 points and also has game-high five assists.
- As a team the Hawks have shot 44.4 percent from all areas of the floor, 36.4 percent from beyond the 3-point arc, and 66.7 percent from the foul line.
- They've held their own on the boards with 15 to 'Nova's 17 rebounds so far tonight.