Marquette has struggled to a 36-36 halftime score IUPUI following a loss in their opener to Belmont last week. Let's analyze what has happened in the first 20 minutes
- Aaron Brennan ( 9 points) and Matt O'Leary (8 points) are IUPUI's leading scorers in the first half.
- Eastern Michigan transfer Darrell Combs has struggled out to a 1-7 start from the field, scoring 5 points in 18 minutes of action.
- Evan Hall has gotten himself into early foul trouble, picking up 3 fouls in only 5 minutes of action.
- Marquette's two starting big men, Luke Fischer and Henry Ellenson, have dominated early on with 21 of the Golden Eagle's 36 points. Duane Wilson also has 11 points on 5-6 shots.
- As a collective whole, Marquette has struggled to keep hold of the ball. They have already turned the ball over 13 times, including 5 from Wilson.
- Outside the three point arc, Marquette has struggled by shooting under 20%. Although, they have relied on the inside game, scoring 24 points inside the perimeter.