So much for "New Coach, New Year". DePaul is trailing Western Michigan 35-24 at the end of the first half. Here's all you need to know about the opening frame.
- It's been the Wilder and Haymond show for WMU. Tucker Haymond has 13 points on 5-of-10 shooting, while Montgomery, IL. native Thomas Wilder has 10 points on 4-of-7 shooting.
- Aside from that, WMU is just 4-for-11 from the field.
- But the Broncos have made the most of their trips to the free-throw line. They are 5-for-8 at the line.
- DePaul could have had a better opening half. Offensively, they couldn't buy a shot. They shot just 35% from the field, 18% from the three-point line. Defensively, WMU got to the rim with ease.
- Billy Garrett had a rough half. He didn't net his first field goal until under the 3-minute mark. He's 1-for-7 with just 4 points.
- Tommy Hamilton led the team with 7 points and 4 boards.