How to watch, listen and stream
Game Time: 1p.m. CT
TV: Fox Sports 1
Radio: WYLL 1160 AM DePaul 560 AM Radio
Live Stream: Fox Sports GO (Where Available)
Odds for this matchup are currently -12 Villanova, via OddsShark.com.
DePaul returns from their 1-2 road trip where the job won’t be easier against #7 ranked Villanova. The Blue Demons played two single half games at Xavier and Providence where they couldn’t compete for 40 minutes. DePaul offense is efficient when in the half court and being patient with the ball. Providence ran all over DePaul with the transition game as Kris Dunn and the Friars were simply too quick up and down the floor. DePaul, with a win, will have a positive record in January for the first time since 2008.
Villanova is consistently handling Big East opponents with ease, but are vulnerable to an underdog loss. Darrun Hillard in so far his senior year is exactly where Villanova wanted him to be at the end of last season. Six Big East teams have either five or six wins and a win for the Wildcats will allow 'Nova to jump back to the top of the standings.
Inside the Numbers
DePaul Blue Demons
- DePaul is 137 in Kenpom ratings
- The Blue Demons are virtually .500, currently 11-11 overall and 5-4 in Big East play.
- DePaul hasn’t had a top ten win since Dec. 2nd, 2006 against Kansas
- Villanova is 6 in the Kenpom ratings
- Villanova is #7 overall
- Villanova is 5-2 in the Big East, 18-2 overall
- Villanova averages 16.2 assists per game, good for 18th overall in the country,
- Villanova scores 75.2 PPG