How to listen and stream
Game Time: 7 p.m. ET
Live Stream: ESPN3 (Where Available)
Villanova is currently an 18 point favorite over Penn via OddsShark.com.
The Wildcats are 11-6 ATS in 2014-15 while Penn is 4-3 ATS.
The Wildcats are looking for their second straight outright Big Five title, as they're currently 3-0 against their Philadelphia adversaries (Temple, La Salle, Saint Joseph's). They will also look to move to 17-1 on the season, and are looking to net their 12th straight win over the Quakers.
Penn, as noted is looking for their first win over Villanova since a 72-58 victory on December 10, 2002. The Quakers will look to exceed the 50 percent threshold in field goal percentage for what would be the third time in their last four games, fourth time in the last seven, and six of their last 11 games. Tony Hicks, a junior guard from South Holland, Illinois, will look to hit double figures for the fifth consecutive game.
Villanova and Penn have met 61 times over the years. In those 61 contests, 'Nova has dominated the head-to-head. They currently hold a 43-18 edge in the series and, as mentioned previously, have won 11 straight matchups. The historic Palestra will play host to this match.
Inside the Numbers
- No. 3 in the current KenPom rankings
- 6th in Adjusted Offensive Efficiency and 13th in Adjusted Defensive Efficiency
- 23rd in eFG%, 33rd in TO%, 92nd in OR%, and 79th in FTRate
- 90th in 3PT FG%, 12th in 2PT FG%, and 123rd in FT%
- No. 222 in the current KenPom rankings
- 244th in Adjusted Offensive Efficiency and 196th in Adjusted Defensive Efficiency
- 88th in eFG%, 345th in TO%, 48th in OR%, and 193rd in FTRate
- 231st in 3PT FG%, 39th in 2PT FG%, and 218th in FT%
For more on this Big Five matchup, head to SB Nation's Villanova Wildcats blog VU Hoops for more coverage and commentary on the 'Cats.