- Leading scorer: Paul White (6 points). White is one of only five Georgetown players with a point in this game, Look for them to attempt to use their scoring depth more in the second half
- D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera is 1-5 with three points so far in this game. Georgetown will not win if the Preseason Player of the Year can't get it going at a more effective rate.
- Joshua Smith has five points and five rebounds, but also two fouls.
- Georgetown is shooting under 30 percent, but only trailing by two points, because, as i'll mention below, Providence isn't doing any better.
- Leading scorer: Ladontae Henton (12 points). Henton has really lived at the free throw line in the first half. He's 3-11 from the field, but 5-6 from the line. On one hand, you don't like having a guy go 3-11 in a half, on the other, you're glad Henton has the confidence to keep shooting
- Kris Dunn has five assists. I think in terms of "pure point guards", Dunn is top five in the entire nation. He assisted on Providence's first three baskets, and, as usual, really helped get the offense going
- Providence is shooting 28%, Georgetown is shooting 29%. If both of these keep up in the second half we're going to get a game where both teams finish with under 50 points. Gross.
- Carson Desrosiers had a filthy block that I really regret not getting a Vine of. If anyone HAS a Vine of it, please let us know @becb_sbn