A few days before the Big East Tournament will begin at Madison Square Garden, the Big East teams are announced. Doug McDermott, a finalist for The John R. Wooden Award, highlights the All- Big-East first team. The head coaches in the Big East picked the all-conference teams and are not allowed to select players on their team.
ALL-BIG EAST FIRST TEAM
- *Doug McDermott, Creighton, F, Sr., 6-8, 225, Ames, Iowa
- Markel Starks, Georgetown, G, Sr., 6-2, 175, Accokeek, Md.
- *Bryce Cotton, Providence, G, Sr., 6-1, 165, Tucson, Ariz.
- D’Angelo Harrison, St. John’s, G, Jr., 6-4, 204, Missouri City, Texas
- James Bell, Villanova, G, Sr., 6-6, 220, Orlando, Fla.
- *Semaj Christon, Xavier, G, So., 6-3, 190, Cincinnati, Ohio
ALL-BIG EAST SECOND TEAM^
- Kellen Dunham, Butler, G, So., 6-6, 185, Pendleton, Ind.
- D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, Georgetown, G, So., 6-3, 218, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Davante Gardner, Marquette, F, Sr., 6-8, 290, Suffolk, Va.
- Kadeem Batts, Providence, F, Sr., 6-9, 245, Boston, Mass.
- Fuquan Edwin, Seton Hall, F/G, Sr., 6-6, 215, Paterson, N.J.
- JayVaughn Pinkston, Villanova, F, Jr., 6-7, 240, Brooklyn, N.Y.
BIG EAST HONORABLE MENTION
- Ethan Wragge, Creighton, F, Sr., 6-7, 225, Eden Prairie, Minn.
- Ryan Arcidiacono, Villanova, G, So., 6-3, 195, Langhorne, Pa.
- Darrun Hilliard, Villanova, G, Jr., 6-6, 215, Bethlehem, Pa.
- Matt Stainbrook, Xavier, C, Jr., 6-10, 263, Bay Village, Ohio
BIG EAST ALL-ROOKIE TEAM^
- Andrew Chrabascz, Butler, F, Fr., 6-7, 225, Portsmouth, R.I.
- Billy Garrett, Jr., DePaul, G, Fr., 6-5, 194, Chicago, Ill.
- Tommy Hamilton IV, DePaul, F, Fr., 6-10, 284, Chicago, Ill.
- Deonte Burton, Marquette, F, Fr., 6-4, 230, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Rysheed Jordan, St. John’s G, Fr., 6-4, 185, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Jaren Sina, Seton Hall, G, Fr., 6-2, 180, Lake Hopatcong, N.J.
- Josh Hart, Villanova, G, Fr., 6-5, 202, Silver Springs, Md.
Doug McDermott, Bryce Cotton and Semaj Christon, who were part of the All-Big East first team and all on teams in the hunt for a spot in March Madness, were unanimous selections. To add, because of a tie in the voting, an extra position was identified. The Player of the Year, Big East Coach of the Year, Big East Rookie of the Year and the Big East Scholar-Athlete of the Year will be announced on March 12.