- At the end of the first, its St. John's 32, Syracuse 28. The first half was extremely close back and forth play
- Rakeem Christmas has been an unmatched presence underneath the basket that St. John's has been unable to contain so far in the game. So far in the game, Christmas has 8 points and 10 rebounds through the first half. On the other side of the ball, Chris Obekpa is being contained by the Syracuse frontcourt pressure and the Orange zone defense.
- St. John's guard play has been keeping them in the game and making up for the pressure that has been on the forwards in and around the basket. Though they were a little streaky at times, the Johnnies have been able to shoot effectively from the perimeter. The hot hand has been D'Angelo Harrison who so far has 12 points at the end of the half
- At this point there is really no clear favorite and the game is still wide open at this point. The pace of play has been back and forth with points coming off quick breaks off the rebound
- Containing the play of Christmas and opening the paint to get to the basket will be crucial for St. John's in the second half
Enjoy the second half of the game!