- DePaul is allowing Marquette to score in the paint as much as they like, giving the Golden Eagles a 22-12 edge in that department. A lot of this is due to the fact that Tommy Hamilton was suspended earlier today for a violation of team rules. The Blue Demons haven't been good at defending the paint at all this season. Today showed it's going to get worse if he doesn't return soon.
- Billy Garrett is still Billy Garrett. He's single-handedly keeping the Blue Demons in this one. He has scored ten points so far, and he is providing a solid effort in other departments, pulling down rebounds and getting a steal. He's going to have to keep playing at this level and then some if DePaul is to win this one.
- Myke Henry is continuing to put up lackluster scoring numbers after his great start to the season. I haven't a clue as to where his offense went.
- DePaul is holding their own in the rebounding department tonight, an area in which they typically struggle. They are -2 in the rebounding margin tonight.
- Marquette's scoring attack is very, very even.
(Courtesy of StatBroadcast)