- For most of the half, it sure felt like Villanova was getting just about anything they want offensively, connecting on 57.7 percent of the team's field goal attempts. They're doing a great job of finishing at the rim, which is opening up nice looks for their shooters at the perimeter.
- On the other hand, Butler's offensive rebounding is keeping them in the game despite a cold start from the field. They've been out-rebounding teams on the offensive boards all year, and are winning in the rebounding margin 19-13 today, including an 8-1 lead on the offensive end.
- The Bulldogs have gotten a nice boost from their bench unit, with Austin Etherington, Jackson Aldridge and Kelan Martin combining for 12 points and a pair of threes.
- Butler interim coach Chris Holtmann gambled a bit in the first half, electing to play forward Kameron Woods despite picking up a pair of fouls early in the first half. Woods picked up his third during that stretch, which will be something to watch in the second half.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has been as good as advertised for Villanova, dominating inside for nine points, two rebounds and two assists.
Points - Andrew Chrabascz, 8
Rebounds - Roosevelt Jones, 5
Assists - Austin Etherington, 2
Points - JayVaughn Pinkston, 9
Rebounds - Josh Hart, 4
Assists - Three tied, 2