The Providence Friars will take aim at remaining unbeaten on neutral floors this season when they tangle up with the Miami (FL) Hurricanes at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The Friars took care of business against Florida State and Notre Dame the last time they stepped onto a neutral court -- the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut -- and they'll stay with the ACC theme in this upcoming game.
The 'Canes were at the mercy of a wicked storm of their own over the weekend. Eastern Kentucky came into Coral Gables and shellacked Miami in the BankUnited Center 72-44. It was, no doubt, an embarrassing loss due to the magnitude of the margin of defeat. It will be very intriguing to see how Jim Larranaga collects his team together for this Big East-ACC game and could tell us a lot this Hurricanes club.
Let's dissect the important information about how you can watch and follow the game, along with a host of other things.
How to watch, listen and stream
Game Time: 9 p.m. ET
TV: FOX Sports 1 (Announce Team: Tim Brando, Bill Raftery)
Live Stream: FOX Sports GO (Where Available)
The odds for Providence-Miami are currently even, via OddsShark.
Providence is looking to finish their nonconference slate with a bang, heading for the double digit mark before their New Year's Eve date with Creighton at The Dunk. Should they accomplish the feat, it would be the fourth time in five years that they got to 10 wins or more before the Big East portion of their schedule began.
Miami, meanwhile, is certainly looking to boost their profile. The loss to EKU is an astonishing blemish on another wise solid noncon resume thus far. Wins against Florida and Illinois look pretty good so far, and a victory against PC on a neutral floor could be something good to look back upon at the end of the season.
Inside the Numbers
- 63rd in Adjusted Offensive Efficiency (105.7 points/100 possessions) and 79th in Adjusted Defensive Efficiency (95.9 points allowed/100 possessions)
- 126th in eFG%, 78th in TO%, 96th in OR%, and 129th in FTRate
- 188th in 3PT FG%, 105th in 2PT%, and 157th in FT%
- 33rd in Adjusted Offensive Efficiency (107.9 points/100 possessions) and 126th in Adjusted Defensive Efficiency (98.2 points allowed/100 possessions)
- 41st in eFG%, 61st in TO%, 176th in OR%, and 295th in FTRate
- 18th in 3PT FG%, 115th in 2PT FG% and 40th in FT%
Check out SB Nation's Miami Hurricanes blog State of the U for more coverage and commentary on this game.