- Off the bench, freshman Khadeen Carrington has been strong with nine points including a big three to help build the early lead for the Pirates. The Hall lead was as high as 13 in the first half. Carrington has also been able to slash to the basket and force the issue.
- Speaking of putting the pressure on, the Pirates’ defense were able to force 11 turnovers in the first half and held the Wolfpack to just 33.3 percent shooting from the field. Coach Kevin Willard’s team is putting on the full court press and players like Sterling Gibbs and Haralds Karlis have made big plays on the defensive end too.
- Isaiah Whitehead as been better and already has more points that he did in the entire opener against Mercer. Only two points in the opener, but the freshman has seven in the first half today with three of them coming on the first three pointer of his college career.
- Free throw shooting has continued to be an issue and Willard made a note of that in his halftime interview with the CBS Sports Network. Seton Hall only went 8-15 from the free throw line in the first half. Redshirt freshman Rashed Anthony made 3-4 while Desi Rodriguez and Karlis both hit 2-2. However, players like Angel Delgado, who will get to the line many times this season, continued to struggle. The freshmen was 1-4 from the charity strike in the first twenty minutes.
- After scoring 19 points against Mercer, Brandon Mobley has struggled so far today going just 1-5 with two points against Nevada. For the Pirates to pull away, Mobley will have to step it up, but if the Hall defense holds they should be able to finish off the Wolfpack.
Enjoy the second half in paradise!