- It didn't start off very easily for the Musketeers, but about halfway through the first half, they began to find a rhythm and have not looked back since. Since being tied at 17 with 11:46 to play in the first 20 minutes, Xavier has outscored Long Beach State 34-21. Mind you: that was done in less than 12 minutes of play. Startling efficiency from the Musketeers.
- A major reason for this offensive boost has been the play of both J.P. Macura and Myles Davis. The duo amassed a combined 22 points in the first half. Davis has been particularly excellent, shooting 57.1 percent on seven attempts from the floor. Macura, meanwhile, is shooting 60.0 percent from the field with 10 points scored, and added two rebounds, and assist and a block.
- Matt Stainbrook has yet to miss from the field thus far, scoring seven points and grabbing four rebounds, to boot. He's got two assists and a steal as well, and it's becoming relatively easy to figure out why he was named as a 1st Team All-Big East representative in the preseason.
- Long Beach State remained in the thick of it to start off thanks to remarkable efficiency from the field. At the half, they're shooting over 70 percent as a team, and have knocked down exactly half of their eight 3-point field goals. They'll need to kick it into an extra gear if they want to keep pace with the Musketeers after letting it slip away from them, but if the first 20 minutes are any indication, they might be able to pull that off.
- Guard Mike Caffey leads all 49ers with 11 points scored. Forward Jack Williams leads in rebounds with four, and Caffey is also the assist leader with three.
Enjoy the 2nd half, Musketeers fans!