- Villanova has come out on fire. They sped out to a 13-2 lead early on and have not looked back
- Maryland Eastern Shore has a player with the name Michael Myers, but it's Villanova's triangle, high pressure defense that is giving the Hawks nightmares. The Wildcats have forced 13 turnovers already.
- Dylan Ennis leads all scorers at the half with 8 points. He's 3 of 5 from the field, including 2 of 4 from 3 points land.
- UMES' Devin Martin leads both teams on the glass, as he has five rebounds to go along with his team-leading 7 points. Nova is outrebounding UMES as a team however, with 18 blocks to the Hawks 11.
- Villanova's bench is having a strong night. Josh Hart and Kris Jenkins each have 6 points after coming off the pine.
- The Wildcats are shooting much better than they did in their season opener. They're shooting 17-31 (54 percent) from the field.
- The three-point shot is still not going for Villanova. They're only 4-14 from beyond the arc.
- Marlyand-Eastern Shore's jerseys read "UMES" across the front, and every time I see them I think of UMASS. It's annoying. Finish them off, Nova.
The second half is about to begin on Fox Sports 1. If you like seeing a nationally ranked team continue to pulverize a lesser opponent, tune in.