- Roosevelt Jones has been awesome. We wrote all summer about what his return would mean to the team, and he certainly hasn't disappointed thus far, with 10 points and six assists. Chris Holtmann had mentioned Jones would be running the point this season, and so far it's been a rousing success.
- Alex Barlow spent the summer working on his outside shot, and it has shown so far as he's knocked down two threes so far in this one.
- Backup point guard Jackson Aldridge appeared to roll his ankle in the closing minutes of the half. He did not return.
- Butler Blue is wearing a GoPro and if all is right in the world, the video he captures will be uploaded so the world can see it.
Complete Coverage of the Opening Week of College Basketball: Here
- From a Maine perspective, things have not been awful. Even though they trail by 16 points, they're shooting over 50% from the field, led by freshman Kevin Little's seven points, but they have nine turnovers. It's their first game under new head coach Bob Walsh, so there's an adjustment period, but they certainly have some work to do.