There were, unfortunately, a number of Big East players who went undrafted on Thursday night.
The 2015 NBA Draft didn't play too kindly to a conference that had a streak of 16 consecutive NBA Drafts in which a player from the league was taken in the lottery, and a league that had also never gone its entire history without producing a 1st round pick.
Thus, the road continues on for the following notable players:
- Kameron Woods (Butler Bulldogs)
- Jabril Trawick (Georgetown Hoyas)
- Joshua Smith (Georgetown Hoyas)
- Matt Carlino (Marquette Golden Eagles)
- LaDontae Henton (Providence Friars
- D'Angelo Harrison (St. John's Red Storm)
- Phil Greene IV (St. John's Red Storm)
- JayVaughn Pinkston (Villanova Wildcats)
- Dee Davis (Xavier Musketeers)
- Matt Stainbrook (Xavier Musketeers)
Villanova's Darrun Hilliard and the St. John's Red Storm's Sir'Dominic Pointer were the lone Big East selections, with Hilliard going 38th overall to the Detroit Pistons, while Pointer was picked with the 53rd overall pick by the NBA's Eastern Conference Champions, the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Best of luck to these guys in whatever comes next for them.