Coming off an impressive stretch out west in which they took down both Arizona and Utah, the Butler Bulldogs have returned home. Butler has ripped off seven straight wins to start the season and are seeking an 8-0 start to the year for the first time since the 2008-09 season.
In all likelihood, the Bulldogs should be able to pull the feat off. On Saturday, they will welcome the Central Arkansas Bears to Hinkle Fieldhouse. Scottie Pippen isn’t likely to suit up for the Bears, so the game should be pretty well in hand. KenPom projects Butler as an overwhelming favorite with their win probability listed at an astonishing 99.6 percent.
Central Arkansas is listed at No. 325 on KenPom out of the 351 Division 1 teams. Butler meanwhile is listed at No. 13. There are gaps, and then there distances relative to the Grand Canyon. In terms of Saturday’s matchup, the difference is closer to the latter than the former.
How to watch or stream
Time: 4 p.m. ET
Live Stream: Fox Sports GO
Spread: Butler opened as a 30-point favorite. The line shrunk down to 29/29.5 points depending on location.
Records ATS: Central Arkansas (1-0) | Butler (6-1)
No prior history between these two teams. Central Arkansas and Butler will be tangling up for the first time ever on Saturday afternoon in Indianapolis.
Inside the Numbers
- 325th on KenPom
- 301st in Adj. Offensive Efficiency, 333rd in Adj. Defensive Efficiency
- 257th in eFG%, 296th in TO%, 181st in OR%, 143rd in FTRate
- 65th in 3PT FG%, 302nd in 2PT FG%, 123rd in FT%
- 18th in the AP Poll, 13th on KenPom
- 20th in Adj. Offensive Efficiency, 15th in Adj. Defensive Efficiency
- 12th in eFG%, 51st in TO%, 199th in OR%, 121st in FT%
- 69th in 3PT FG%, 14th in 2PT FG%, 213th in FT%