Creighton has split its four games with Seton Hall since joining the Big East, but the Pirates swept last season's series with a pair of one-point victories.
This season, Creighton will visit Seton Hall for the first time in a game that will propel the winner into second place in the conference.
How to watch, listen or stream
Game Time: 2pm EST
TV: Fox Sports 1
Streaming: Fox Sports Go
Audio: 1620 the Zone (Creighton)/ AM 970 (Seton Hall)
Spread: Seton Hall opens as 3-point favorites, according to Oddsshark.
O/U: 154.5 points.
Seton Hall is 9-5 ATS, while Creighton is 9-6 ATS.
Stuff you should know
- Creighton has the 11th ranked scoring offense in the nation, lead by Maurice Watson Jr. coming off a career-high 27 points vs. Georgetown.
- Creighton's big man Geoffrey Groselle has broken out this season. He is a force in the paint, leading the team with 22 blocks and owning the nation's best shooting percentage.
- The Blue Jays are the only team in the Big East to use the same starting lineup in every game. Rounding out the starting five are Isaiah Zierden, who leads the Big East in three-pointers made; Cole Huff, a transfer forward averaging 11 points and just notched his first double-double against St. John's, and Khyri Thomas, a true freshman who is shooting 57.7% from beyond the arc.
- Seton Hall leads the Big East in offensive rebounds - they grab 13.7 boards per game - and Creighton doesn't have anyone to deal with the rebounding duo of Angel Delgado and Ismael Sanogo. These two are going to make life difficult for Groselle in this game.
- Sophomore Isaiah Whitehead is the real deal for the Pirates. He leads the team in scoring (15.5 points per game) and assists (4.5 per game) and is the only sophomore in the nation who is in the top 6 of his conference in scoring and assists.
- Seton Hall defends the perimeter extremely well and has tightened up as of late, forcing teams to shoot 20% or worse from beyond the arc in 4 of the last 6 games. This is important because Creighton has four regulars who shoot 40% or higher from the perimeter and it is such a big part of Creighton's game. If Seton Hall can keep the threes from falling, they should control the boards and the game.