UConn picked up another key commitment this week, when four-star guard Corey Floyd Jr. (Roselle, N.J./Roselle Catholic) verbally pledged his commitment to the Huskies on Thursday night.
Floyd is the Huskies’ first commit in the class of 2022.
Here’s the rest of the action on the Big East recruiting trail:
- Four-star 2022 guard Corey Floyd Jr. (Roselle, N.J./Roselle Catholic) committed to UConn. Chose the Huskies over Villanova, Providence, and five others.
- Last week, it was announced that UConn freshman center Javonte Brown entered the transfer portal. This week, he found his destination: Texas A&M.
- Three-star 2022 forward Braeden Moore (Nashville, Tenn./Christ Presbyterian Academy) received an offer from Georgetown.
- Four-star 2022 forward Julian Phillips (Columbia, S.C./Blythewood) received an offer from Georgetown.
- Three-star 2023 forward Shawn Simmons (Philadelphia, Pa./Friends Central) recevied an offer from Butler.
Non-Big East Commitments:
- 2021 forward Maximus Edwards (Stratford, Conn./Our Saviour Lutheran) committed to Kansas State. Had an offer from Seton Hall.
- Three-star 2021 forward Markus Ilver (Estonia/Western Reserve Academy) committed to Wisconsin. Also had an offer from Xavier.
- If you notice an error, have news of a new offer, please feel free to tip me off—or Big East Coast Bias—on Twitter: @becb_sbn and @erapay5. I’ll update accordingly.
- Shoutout to Anonymous Eagle, Casual Hoya, Banners on the Parkway, Rumble in the Garden, The UConn Blog, and VU Hoops. We unfortunately don’t have articles on all recruits, but we got some help in filling some blanks from our fellow Big East SB Nation sites. Some recruits have clickable names, which will take you to a relevant article regarding that player.
- I recommend viewing the spreadsheet externally, since you’ll be able to use things like filters (Google Sheets has that option on the top-left, next to the print button.) and Ctrl+F (Apple+F if you’re on Mac) to help make searching for recruits easier. You’ll also have a bigger screen/window to look at the spreadsheet: Big East Offer Tracker, last updated Jan. 18, 2020. Alternatively, you may view below.